Celebrating 200 years of Nursing Innovation
ThinC Conference & Nightingale Gala
Inspiring Nurses to Lead Health Transformation
Fall 2021 – Due to Current Covid-19 travel restrictions the event is postponed until the fall of 2021
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, Canada
Sponsored by: SE Health
This is the conference you’ve been waiting for in healthcare!
Who should attend?
- Anyone who has a passion to transform healthcare and a strong desire to learn about healthcare innovation to make an impact on the lives of others.
- Special invitation to all Nurses, Nursing Students, and Nursing faculty
Theme: Energize, Educate and Engage Nurses
Those who attend will:
- Understand why we need nurses to lead health transformation
- Learn about how organizations do innovation through the use of different methodologies and tools
- Here stories on the impact nurses have on leading health transformation
- Participate in a mini hackathon
- Network with your tribe of nursing innovators
Conference Agenda: Day 1
Noon – 4 p.m.
Solutioning Room: Mini Hackathon: Let the dreaming begin….
- Interactive workshop structure (Innovation Methodology and Tools)
- Work with an HMW statement in a group using human center design principles to prototype a solution
- Each team will be given a toolkit to apply to their solutions
- Each team will be assigned a mentor
- Teams present back to the group their solution and critical learnings from the activity
Gala Agenda: Day 1
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Celebrating Florence Nightingale and 200 Years of Innovation
Keynote: Rebecca Love, President of SONSIEL
- Dinner – Cocktail attire
- Nursing Innovation: Mini Hackathon Results
- Tribute to Florence Nightingale
Conference Agenda: Day 2
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Meet the Experts and Learn Industry Secrets
Keynote: Shirlee Sharkey, President, and CEO, SE Health
- Registration and Networking breakfast
- Panels: Need for Nurse-Led Innovation on a global, national, local, organizational level (who, what, why and how)
- Group Activities: Innovation Methodologies: What’s in your toolkit?
An introduction to the tools you can use:
- Human-centric design
- Business Model Canvas
- Disruptive thinking
- Empathy Mapping
- Spread and scaling
- Key takeaways from Innovation Methodologies rounds:
- The Many Faces of Nurse Innovation: Nursing stories from today’s Shift Disruptors
- Panel: Enterprise Innovation: Unlocking Innovation in Your Organization
You must register to attend!
Space is limited – Don’t wait for tomorrow register today!
- The whole 2-day event costs $400.00 United States Dollars for Members of SONSIEL who have paid for a membership
- The whole 2-day event costs $450.00 United States Dollars for NON-Members & NON-Paid members of SONSIEL
- Cost to attend the Mini Hackathon event only April 15, 2021, $100.00
- Cost for the GALA event only April 15, 2021, $200.00
- Cost for the THINC event only April 16, 20201 $150.00
Special Guests – Speakers & Panelists
- Mary Lou Ackerman – Vice President Innovation at SE Health
- Oriana Beaudet – Vice President Innovation at The American Nurses Association
- Lynda Benton – Senior Director, Global Corporate Equity, Johnson & Johnson Nursing
- Andrea Carter – SE Health
- Sheila Davis – Chief Executive Officer at Partners in Health
- Christina Facey –
- Nancy Lefebre – SE Health
- Rebecca Love – President & Co-founder of SONSIEL, VP Optimize Rx Corp
- Hiyman Nadel – Director, Center of Innovation in Care Delivery at Massachusetts General Hospital & Johnson & Johnson Fellow
- Christine Murphy –
- Shirlee Sharkey – President and CEO at SE Health
- Holly Shaw – United Nations – Chair Advisory Council & UN Global Health
- Gillian Strudwick –
- Jennifer Wallace – Rebel Nurse The Handbook, Panelist – Assistant Professor Lawrence Memorial Regis College
- Elly Yost – Director at Nurse-Family Partnership
Refreshments: If you have a food allergy (anaphylaxis) please email Faith; email@example.com
- Please note the agenda is subject to change.
- Event is non-refundable
- Note some healthcare systems have safeguards in place and you may get error issues trying to register from a work computer. If this happens to you, please register using a home or other internet network connection.